We are pleased to announce the release of Wijmo 2020 v1. Designed to be small, flexible, and efficient, this release carefully balances new features with control size and complexity. As always, we modularize our components and features, so your app only loads what it needs. We optimize rendering (often with virtualization), so our components are efficient no matter how large your dataset.
We always revisit critical controls to improve their performance. Most of the added new features are in response to customer requests. We have new security updates, many FlexGrid and FlexChart enhancements, in addition to a new editable React Redux DataGrid feature.
Wijmo Stock Portfolio is a financial sample that demonstrates the usage of Wijmo Components in an OpenFin application. This application consists of several windows. OpenFin’s new Platform API allows users to arrange these windows in the desired workspace.
Each window is implemented using different web frameworks (like React, Angular, and Web Components). OpenFin’s new Platform API allows users to arrange and customize windows into the desired workspace.
See the app in action! This video demonstrates how the app works while arranging windows like a dashboard:
For more information about CSP, please see the following:
What’s New in React
Editable React Redux DataGrid
FlexGrid is offering the first enterprise solution for editable datagrids in React Redux applications!
FlexGrid updates the underlying data array typically with the changes made by a user via the grid. This approach doesn't work with state management systems, like Redux, which requires data immutability. This problem can be solved by the use of the ImmutabilityProvider extension component.
Being attached to the FlexGrid control, and bound to a data array from the Redux Store, this component changes the grid behavior in the following ways:
- Allowing users to edit the data via the grid in a usual manner (change item values, add/delete rows, paste, and text). All data transformation operations like sorting, grouping, and filtering are permitted as well.
- Prevents grid from mutating the underlying data array in response to user edits. Instead, it triggers the dataChanged event, which can be used to dispatch data change actions to the Redux Store.
Release Details - FlexGrid
- Easier-to-Click Checkboxes in FlexGrid
- FlexGrid Column Selection, MultiRange Copy, and Paste
- Checkbox Selector Column for FlexGrid
- Improved Resizing for Hidden Columns and Rows in FlexGrid
- RadioButton and AutoComplete DataMap Editors for FlexGrid
- Improved Validation Behavior in FlexGrid
- Expanded Column Pinning Options in FlexGrid
- FlexGrid Button Columns with CellMaker
- FlexGrid Hyperlink Columns with CellMaker
- FlexGrid Image Columns with CellMaker
- FlexGrid Star Rating Column with CellMaker
- FlexGrid Sparkline Columns with CellMaker
- Excel Export Progress Indicator for FlexGrid
- PDF Export Progress Indicator for FlexGrid
Release Details - FlexChart
Other Release Notes:
If you have something interesting that you want to bring to our attention, we would love to hear it! Please feel free to leave a comment below.