Posted 28 May 2019, 9:35 pm EST
We are considering to upgrade to 64bit a legacy MFC application built with Visual C++ 2017 with VSPrinter8 and VSReport8 ActiveX controls, so I was assigned to evaluate the extent of the porting.
I’ve downloaded latest (20191.1.1) Component One ActiveX Edition. Unfortunately, included VSPrint8.ocx does not seem to work in 64bit build.
I did the following checks:
- create a simple MFC single dialog application with ActiveX control support in Visual Studio 2017
- add VSPrinter8 control to the dialog without any further implementation
- build on x64 platform
- The application crashes at dialog DoModal() call.
- Checking the output log (see attached file, line 37) it is confirmed that expected .ocx is loaded (C:\Windows\System32\VSPrint8.ocx)
- Test application built on x32 platform has no issue.
Also VSRpt8.ocx is present only in SysWOW64 and not in System32
If needed I can provide the Visual Studio test project.
Waiting for your feedback.