Visual Studio 2022 & .NET Framework 4.6.2

Posted by: paul on 13 October 2022, 8:18 am EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 13 October 2022, 8:18 am EST

I have a project including several SectionReports using version 15.0.2. When I try to make changes to a report I get the error Method not found: ‘EnvDTE.Events EnvDTE._DTE.get_Events()’.

I’ve done some reading on the forum and it appears to indicate I need to install GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Serializer.VS2022. However when I try to install it I get the error message below. I can’t upgrade the .NET Framework as some of my customers do not have computers that support it. Is it possible to use ActiveReports in Visual Studio 2022 without having to upgrade the .NET Framework to 4.7.2?

Package GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Web.Design.VS2022 15.2.4 is not compatible with net462 (.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2) / win-x86. Package GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Web.Design.VS2022 15.2.4 supports: net472 (.NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2)

• Posted 16 October 2022, 8:12 pm EST

Hi Paul,

Is it possible to use ActiveReports in Visual Studio 2022 without having to upgrade the .NET Framework to 4.7.2?

Unfortunately, you cannot use ActiveReports v15.0.2 with VisualStudio 2022 however, you can use ActiveReports v15.2 and above with VisualStudio 2022 but they will require you to install .NET Framework 4.7.2.

Please Note: The error “EnvDTE.Events EnvDTE.DTE.get_Events()” occurs when you are using ActiveReports on an incompatible version of Visual Studio or using different versions of ActiveReports controls on a report created using a different version of ActiveReports.

As you’re using ActiveReports v15.0.2 with VisualStudio 2022, you’ll need to update your ActiveReports 15 to a version supported with VisualStudio 2022 i.e. ActiveReports v15.2 and above.

Regards,

Anand

• Posted 10 January 2024, 10:35 pm EST

Hello

I recently upgraded my project from VS 2019 to VS 2022, and i am using AR16. However i get the exact error mentioned above. I am stuck. Please guide. Thank you!

Sreejith

• Posted 11 January 2024, 3:44 pm EST

Hi Sreejith,

The error “EnvDTE.Events EnvDTE.DTE.get_Events()” occurs when you are using ActiveReports on an incompatible version of Visual Studio or using different versions of ActiveReports controls on a report created using a different version of ActiveReports.

As you are using ActiveReports 16 with VS2022 we suspect this issue is likely due to using incompatible versions of ActiveReports controls in your v16 project.

• To resolve this first close your project (without saving your report as saving the report will throw the same error).
    • Now open your project in VisualStudio and close any open window of your SectionReport designer within VisualStudio (Click on Don’t Save when prompted).
    • Now use the Tools > Convert to ActiveReports 16 tool to convert your reports & their references to the compatible versions with respect to the version of ActiveReports 16 installed on your system.
    • After this right-click on your project > click on Clean & rebuild your project. Now try to open your SectionReport and it should work as expected.

Hope this resolves your issue! However, if the issue persists please try sharing a stripped-down sample of your project so we can replicate this issue on our end and further investigate the same.

Please Note: If you are unable to see the ‘Convert to ActiveReports 16’ option in your VisualStudio, please go to the following path and install the ActiveReports 16 VisualStudio 2022 integration: C:\Program Files (x86)\GrapeCity\ActiveReports 16\VisualStudio after which follow the steps as mentioned above.

Regards,

Anand

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels